Sunday 18 May 2008

Emotions

How can I say this? Emotions are strange things, often we follow our emotions and let them dictate our behaviour, but this rarely feel satisfying. I wanted to go outside and do some exercises, some fun practice in the sun. But rather than go out I found myself just staring at the window. Going out at all was a triumph, for behaviour to rule over emotion.

Once outside I just felt stupid, paranoid of people watching me twirling some poi, aware that I'm a complete beginner. But it's interesting, becoming aware of how I'm feeling I could accept that this was my feeling. I feel stupid. And then, something changed in my experience of the moment. I felt empowered, but also hungry, really hungry.

Sometimes we get so caught up with our emotions that we forget to listen even to what our bodies are telling us. Lets eat.

No comments: